Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Igor Fedulov <if...@outlook.net> on 2001/12/06 19:31:52 UTC

VelocityServlet.error - modification request

Hi guys!

I could be very nice if somebody could change VelocityServlet.error
method just a little bit. When it prints stack trace it's all in one line
in browser view, so if somebody could add html.append("<pre>") before html.append( cause); (line
629 and then add closing "</pre>" before "</body>" (line 636) this could
make reading errors a little easier :)

--
Best regards,

Re: Displaying a recordset

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On 12/6/01 2:35 PM, "Tim Colson" <tc...@cisco.com> wrote:

> Scott -
>
>> Could someone point me in the right direction to information on how to
>> use velocity templates to display a recordset returned by a sql
>> statement.
>
> First place I always look is www.mail-archive.com ... searched for "display
> rows"
>
> (Of course, I've also been on the list for a while and have seen this
> question discussed before, so I new where to poke around. ;-)
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg01497.html
>
> That link shows an implementation similar to Igor's; however, it uses
> temporary Hashmaps the returned fields can be reference in each row of the
> resultset.

And Rickard had a good suggestion - for the cases where you don't need to be
able to hold onto the Map containing a specific row's data, you can save
memory by making an iterator that wraps a resultset, and returns the same
map over and over for each row...

System and Software Consulting
"He who throws mud only loses ground." - Fat Albert

RE: Displaying a recordset

Posted by Scott Jeppesen <je...@corp.earthlink.net>.
Thank you....that did the trick.

> Could someone point me in the right direction to information on how to
> use velocity templates to display a recordset returned by a sql
> statement.

First place I always look is www.mail-archive.com ... searched for
"display
rows"

(Of course, I've also been on the list for a while and have seen this
question discussed before, so I new where to poke around. ;-)

http://www.mail-archive.com/velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg01497.ht
ml

That link shows an implementation similar to Igor's; however, it uses
temporary Hashmaps the returned fields can be reference in each row of
the
resultset.

Cheers,
Timo

For additional commands, e-mail:
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

RE: Displaying a recordset

Posted by Tim Colson <tc...@cisco.com>.
Scott -

RE: Displaying a recordset

Posted by Igor Fedulov <if...@outlook.net>.
> Right but I'm not necessarily just displaying the recordset in a plain
> spreadsheet looking table....I want to have control over where I'm
> showing each column....I have to fit this into a design....

Well you have matrix in hand (List in List) so you could do this:

 $table.get(<rownum>).get(<columnnum>)

I think above just have a potential for ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException,
but other then that you could jump to any column in any row. Am I missing
something here?

Best regards,

RE: Displaying a recordset

Posted by Scott Jeppesen <je...@corp.earthlink.net>.
Right but I'm not necessarily just displaying the recordset in a plain
spreadsheet looking table....I want to have control over where I'm
showing each column....I have to fit this into a design....

-Scott

Posted by Igor Fedulov <if...@outlook.net>.

         }

Displaying a recordset

Re: VelocityServlet.error - modification request

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On 12/6/01 1:31 PM, "Igor Fedulov" <if...@outlook.net> wrote:

> Hi guys!
>
> I could be very nice if somebody could change VelocityServlet.error
> method just a little bit. When it prints stack trace it's all in one line
> in browser view, so if somebody could add html.append("<pre>") before
> html.append( cause); (line
> 629 and then add closing "</pre>" before "</body>" (line 636) this could
> make reading errors a little easier :)

That's true.  You can always just override the method, of course, and do
something nicer :)

System and Software Consulting