Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ighal Joel Micha <ig...@transglobalsoftware.com> on 2007/04/27 19:42:30 UTC

[users@httpd] problem with the DocumentRoot directive

Hello,
	Would you tell me why am I getting the next error?

Configuration file:
<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerName xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
        ServerAlias xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        DocumentRoot /home/library-base
        <Directory />
            Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
            AllowOverride None
            Order allow,deny
            Allow from all
         </Directory>
         <Directory "/home/library-base">
            Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
            AllowOverride None
            Order allow,deny
            Allow from all
        </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

[root@ezshoellc home]# /etc/init.d/httpd restart
Stopping httpd:                                            [  OK  ]
Starting httpd: Warning: DocumentRoot [/home/library-base] does not
exist
                                                           [  OK  ]

but, THAT DIRECTORY EXISTS! ....
[root@ezshoellc home]# pwd
/home
[root@ezshoellc home]# ls -al
total 64
drwxr-xr-x   8 root       root       4096 Apr 27 09:24 .
drwxr-xr-x  25 root       root       4096 Apr 27 10:38 ..
drwx------   3 etagwerker etagwerker 4096 Apr 23 14:23 etagwerker
drwxr-xr-x  11 root       root       4096 Nov  1  2005 ezshowaf
drwxr-xr-x   4 apache     apache     4096 Apr 25 09:11 fmsconsole
drwx------   3 imicha     imicha     4096 Apr 27 09:33 imicha
drwxr-xr-x  62 root       root       4096 Apr 27 09:16 library-base
drwxr-xr-x  11 root       root       4096 Apr 26 20:09 upload-base
[root@ezshoellc home]#

I am running a:
[root@ezshoellc home]# cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant Update 4)

I will appreciate a lot your help!

- Ighal

Re: [users@httpd] problem with the DocumentRoot directive

Posted by Ighal Joel Micha <ig...@transglobalsoftware.com>.
As the strace returned no errors from the stat syscall when the apache
was trying to "stat" the directory, yes, you were right, the SELinux was
enabled, Thanks!

- Ighal

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.