Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Ian Jamieson <ia...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/26 07:10:46 UTC

Object Cache

Hi List

I'm using cayenne 3M4.

I'm a but confused with how to handle the cache.

I have two objects A related to B in a one to many relationship.
when I add objects B objects related to A, and immediately in a
subsequent call ask for those B objects related to A, the new B objects
are not present, though they are after trying the call again after a few
seconds.

To fix it, once I added a B object to A's B objects, I set object A as
hollow, so
that the next time A is used, it reloads...

Is this the right way to make objects refresh their cache ?
Its a  web application, and the same dataContext is used in the different
calls that
use object A.

Ian

Re: Object Cache

Posted by Ian Jamieson <ia...@gmail.com>.
I first need to make sure it's not a stupid being done by me.
I'll see if I can put an easily repeatable small example together on the
weekend, and post the
code from that rather.

Re: Object Cache

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.