Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/30 00:40:08 UTC

Re: OpenOffice development with Eclipse

[top posting]

Yes, this is an old old old topic.

Some quick questions --
-- is anybody still using Eclipse? If so, which versions?
-- what's your java version?
-- what are your development platform processor and memory amounts?

Posted by Oliver Brinzing <Ol...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

>>> About a week or so ago I tried again to import the OpenOffice source
>>> code into Eclipse.  The last time I tried that, a few years ago, this
>>> did not work at all.  Our source code was just to big and too complex.
>>> This time however, it worked out of the box.  If you do it right :-) The
>>> developers of the CDT (the C/C++ Development Tooling) have made great
>>> progress in the last years.

I tried last week after building my first aoo4.1.1 on win7/64bit, but failed
c++ indexer will stop suddenly, even increasing memory to -Xmx2048m
did not help ... i am using "eclipse-jee-luna-SR1-win32"

btw: Have you seen: https://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/StandaloneDebugger
         seems to work only for Linux?

Regards
Oliver