Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Bryan W <bw...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/07 09:40:34 UTC

ways to help

Hello,

I read about the possibility that OpenOffice stops.
Maybe i can be part of something to stop this from happening
I am a systems engineer and have experience in maintenance and support for
servers and workstations.
Also my day to day activities include support for other IT people and
end-users on the IT security side of things.
Things i know a bit of:

*Microsoft:*
- Microsoft Windows 95 > 10
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 > 2016
      - Active Directory
      - Terminal Services
      - Hyper-V and Failover Clustering
- Microsoft Exchange / Hosted Exchange
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014+

*Security Related:*
- Firewall :
      - Iptables
      - PFSense
      - Fortinet
- Forcepoint Triton AP-WEB AP-DATA and AP-MAIL
- Kaspersky Endpoint Protection
- Kaspersky Security Center

*Virtualisation:*
- Hyper-V
-
*XenServer*

*- Vmware ESXi*
And Probably there is more up in my head.

Spiceworks page : https://community.spiceworks.com/people/bryanwilms

I have my own servers in my lab at home and am willing to spend some time
on things open source.

If i can be of any help, let me know!

Thanks in advance,

Bryan Wilms

Re: ways to help

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.
With home servers, IT support experience, and a range of Windows
experience, would it be a good idea to ask Bryan to work on checking out
Bugzilla reports?

The objective with Bugzilla is to examine raw user bug reports. Some are
really LibreOffice reports, some are duplicates, many have insufficient
information...

Also, Windows QA might be a good slot, especially for a November release.