Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Derrick Spell <de...@cdmplus.com> on 2005/05/25 19:39:49 UTC

Embperl not being processed

Does anybody know what could make Embperl stop processing a page?  I
have a page that is being processed by Embperl::Object - i know
because my template is being applied - but at the bottom of the
requested page I have some output of fields in $udat.  These
statements are being passed directly through to the browser, as
though Embperl has stopped processing the page and is just passing it
through as html.

I don't see anything that could be causing it...no errors in the
log...i'm stumped

Here is the snippet of the page that isn't being processed.  It
happens to be the only Embperl on the page:

z-index:21; left: 23px; top: 905px; visibility: hidden;">
     [+ $udat{time} +]<br>
     [+ $udat{pathway} +]<br>[+ $udat{referrer} +]<br>

-Derrick

"Perl's grammar can not be reduced to BNF.
The work of parsing perl is distributed between
yacc, the lexer, smoke and mirrors.''
-Chaim Frenkel

Re: Embperl not being processed

Posted by ___cliff rayman___ <cl...@rayman.com>.
Derrick Spell wrote:

> Here is the snippet of the page that isn't being processed.  It
> happens to be the only Embperl on the page:

> z-index:21; left: 23px; top: 905px; visibility: hidden;">
>     [+ $udat{time} +]<br>
>     [+ $udat{pathway} +]<br>[+ $udat{referrer} +]<br>

Turn on all the Embperl debugging flags to show everything going on.
Request the page, then go and turn all of them back off (or your system
will run slow and the logs will fill fast).  When I have had problems
like this in the past, the full debugging output, although voluminous,
always shows me where the problem is since it shows Embperl's evaluation
of each line and variable.

--
Business Consulting and Turnaround Management