Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by David Sabater Dinter <da...@google.com> on 2020/01/06 14:28:48 UTC

Proposed Jira and PR to change error messaging for Python SDK filesystem module

Hi everyone!
Happy New Year, personally coming with some resolutions like trying to
contribute more often to Apache projects I love. :)
Just wanted to mention that I created a new Jira
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-9053> and PR
<https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/10507> to improve the error messaging
in the Python SDK when not specifying the correct filesystem (typically
happening when installing apache_beam without the [gcp] dependency).
Let me know your comments and approve/merge the trivial, but I think
helpful, change if feasible.

Thanks.

Re: Proposed Jira and PR to change error messaging for Python SDK filesystem module

Posted by Luke Cwik <lc...@google.com>.
Thanks for the contribution.