Posted to dev@creadur.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2010/06/01 09:28:36 UTC

Re: buildbot failure in ASF Buildbot on rat_trunk

On 2010-05-31, <bu...@apache.org> wrote:

> The Buildbot has detected a new failure of rat_trunk on ASF Buildbot.
> Full details are available at:
>  http://ci.apache.org/builders/rat_trunk/builds/3

It looks as if some plugin running during the build (I think the one
creating the dependencies report) has trouble using the version range
I've added for Ant.

The RAT Ant tasks won't work properly with any version of Ant < 1.8.0,
at least if you want to add a custom XSLT stylesheet, and so I turned
the dependency into a range.

Of course I don't really have any idea of what I am doing, so if anybody
more familiar with mvn and its plugin ecosystem knows what is wrong,
please help.

Stefan

Re: buildbot failure in ASF Buildbot on rat_trunk

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2010-06-01, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> I don't see any options other than removing the dependency report from
> the project-info-reports plugin or to revert to a non-range version.
> The non-range version could lead to people using the Ant task with a
> version of Ant that was too old, though.

The third option is "make the task work with older versions of Ant"
which I just did.

This should fix the buildbot builds.

Stefan

Re: buildbot failure in ASF Buildbot on rat_trunk

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Looks as if we were hitting <http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSHARED-101>