Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Franz Zemen <Fr...@Parago.Com> on 2003/05/21 17:57:05 UTC

JSP Timing Jumps 2 seconds

I have inserted some timings into a JSP which jumps 2 seconds early in the
JSP.  I have eliminated any code that might cause this jump - in fact the
jump can occur at several spots early in the JSP depending on the run.

The JSP contains custom tags (which are accounted for, timing wise) as well
as JSTL tags which do very littler other than output attribute values.

I have determined that the JSP output is somewhere between 256kb and 384kb,
and played with the buffer size (though the jump actually occurs very near
the top of the JSP).  I'm fairly sure that something else is going on, as
setting buffer sizes from 8kb to 384 kb makes no difference.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem?

Franz Zemen

Senior Application Architect, Parago

1405 S. Beltline Rd. Suite 100

Coppell, TX 75019

972-538-3941 (Direct)

972-538-3900 (Main)

972-745-3387 (fax)

817-706-2790 (personal, for EMERGENCIES only)

Franz.Zemen@Parago.com <ma...@Parago.com>