Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by Ngọc Thiên Nguyễn <n2...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/27 03:01:59 UTC

Install Apache Kylin in custom environment

Dear Sir,

I'm trying to install Apache Kylin in custom environment.

But I had some problem
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/58126981/install-apache-kylin-in-custom-environment,
can you help me?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks & Regards

Re: Install Apache Kylin in custom environment

Posted by Xiaoxiang Yu <xi...@kyligence.io>.
Dear sir,
   Hadoop has a long history and it is complex, so we recommend you to use some well-tested Hadoop Distribution such as CDH and HDP, but not a custom Hadoop environment.
   If you are do a PoC and want to learn Kylin quickly, please use Docker image https://hub.docker.com/r/apachekylin/apache-kylin-standalone. If want to use Kylin in a more formal Hadoop environment, could you please use a CDH 5.x or HDP 2.x Hadoop Distribution?

Best wishes,
Xiaoxiang Yu

在 2019/9/27 11:24,“Ngọc Thiên Nguyễn”<n2...@gmail.com> 写入: