Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Josh Ferguson <jo...@besquared.net> on 2008/11/15 05:17:08 UTC

S3 fs -ls is returning incorrect data

Hi all, I'm pretty new to hadoop and I was testing out using S3 as a
backend store for a few things and I am having a problem with a few
of the filesystem commands. I've been looking around the web for a
while and I couldn't sort it out but I'm sure it's a just a newb
problem.

A little information
1) I'm using version 0.18.2 on java 1.5.0_16 (the latest for OSX 10.4).
2) -get and -put work just fine and I can transfer data in and out
and run basic map-reduce tasks with it.

The error is as follow:

$ bin/hadoop fs -ls /
Found 2 items
drwxrwxrwx   - ls: -0s
Usage: java FsShell [-ls <path>]

If I use an absolute path (ie: s3://mybucket/) I get the same problem.

Any help is appreciated thanks.

Josh