Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by LizNJ <li...@hubcitymedia.com> on 2007/10/05 20:52:51 UTC

Failover config

I have a system that has two brokers that use a shared file system for
persistance.

For purposes of my explaining my issue, consider that Broker1 came up as the
master and Broker2 is the slave.
If Broker1 goes down, the applications (producer and consumer) failover to
Broker2 just fine. Broker2 now asks as the master. However, I lose some
messages. If I later bring Broker1 back online (as a slave) and kill Broker2
(so that Broker1 becomes master again), the missing messages are suddenly
processed.

I don't understand why this happens. Since Broker1 and Broker2 share a
persistance location, shouldn't broker2 have all the message when Broker1
crashes?

Liz

Re: Failover config

Posted by j0llyr0g3r <ti...@wincor-nixdorf.com>.
Hey Liz,

i think this could have something to do with this:

http://activemq.apache.org/what-is-the-prefetch-limit-for.html