Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by to...@accenture.com on 2007/02/14 14:54:26 UTC

javamail 1.4 in central maven repo

Hi.

I'm not really sure if this is the correct place to contact regarding
the maven repo contents but lets try. To me it looks like the javamail
(javax.mail) 1.4 package in the central maven repository
(http://repo1.maven.org/maven2) is missing the com.sun.mail.dsn package
which should be part of the javamail release .. am I completely lost
here?

Thanks and apologies if this is the wrong place to contact.

BR,

Tom

--

Tom Andersson

Accenture Technology Solutions

<ma...@accenture.com> tom.andersson@accenture.com
<ma...@accenture.com>

+358-40-7725180

Re: javamail 1.4 in central maven repo

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
the rule of thumb is
- if it's different to what they provide in their web page complain to US
- if it's the same, complain to THEM

On 2/14/07, Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tom, this isn't really the right place for this (and I'm not even in
> the Maven Dev team), but I'll go ahead and respond all the same.
> Normally you might report these kinds of issues through JIRA, in the
> MEV (Maven Evangelism) component:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MEV
>
> The Maven team is only indirectly involved with the majority of
> artifacts available in the Maven repo. The development group who
> created the artifact is ultimately responsible for things like this.
>
> In this particular case, I think you should open a bug with the
> Glassfish team under the mail component:
> https://glassfish.dev.java.net/javaee5/mail/
>
> It seems like they are the owners of this artifact, see the pom:
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/javax/mail/mail/1.4/mail-1.4.pom
>
> Wayne
>
> On 2/14/07, tom.andersson@accenture.com <to...@accenture.com> wrote:
> > Hi.
> >

> > I'm not really sure if this is the correct place to contact regarding
> > the maven repo contents but lets try. To me it looks like the javamail
> > (javax.mail) 1.4 package in the central maven repository
> > (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2) is missing the com.sun.mail.dsn package
> > which should be part of the javamail release .. am I completely lost
> > here?
> >

> > Thanks and apologies if this is the wrong place to contact.
> >

> > BR,
> >
> > Tom
> >

> > --
> >
> > Tom Andersson
> >
> > Accenture Technology Solutions
> >
> > <ma...@accenture.com> tom.andersson@accenture.com
> > <ma...@accenture.com>
> >
> > +358-40-7725180
> >

> > This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.  If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.  Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.

I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.
                             -- The Princess Bride

Re: javamail 1.4 in central maven repo