Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de> on 2015/03/06 20:39:21 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1664660 - in /directory/shared/trunk: integ/src/test/java/org/apache/directory/api/ldap/codec/api/ ldap/codec/standalone/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/api/ldap/codec/standalone/ ldap/codec/standalone/src/test/java/org/apache/directory...

On 03/06/2015 04:36 PM, elecharny@apache.org wrote:
> Author: elecharny
> Date: Fri Mar  6 15:36:15 2015
> New Revision: 1664660

> Log:
> Added the VLV codec using  Radovan's code

Sorry for nitpicking, but did Radovan explicitely state that he wants to
contributes his code?

Kind Regards,
Stefan

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
On 03/08/2015 08:14 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
> Le 06/03/15 20:39, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
>> On 03/06/2015 04:36 PM, elecharny@apache.org wrote:
>>> Author: elecharny
>>> Date: Fri Mar  6 15:36:15 2015
>>> New Revision: 1664660

>>> Log:
>>> Added the VLV codec using  Radovan's code
>> Sorry for nitpicking,
> don't be !
>
>> but did Radovan explicitely state that he wants to
>> contributes his code?
>
> "
> I would suggest this: let me finish my rudimentary implementation. Now I
> have to speed things up a bit, so it probably won't take longer than a
> week or two. I'm using VLV and schema in my LDAP connector for midPoint.
> I'm also working on automated tests that will use
> midPoint+connector+directory API with OpenLDAP and 389ds (I already have
> tests for OpenDJ). Once I have that then I will create a pull request so
> it can get to the directory API project trunk. The code will probably be
> a bit ugly ... but once it is in trunk you are free to clean it up. And
> as I will have the tests I can check that it still works after your
> cleanup ..."é
>
> Is that enough ? I can ask Radovan for an explicit aknoledgment otherwie.

Yes, that would have been enough, sorry that I missed it. Thanks for
asking anyway.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 06/03/15 20:39, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
> On 03/06/2015 04:36 PM, elecharny@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: elecharny
>> Date: Fri Mar  6 15:36:15 2015
>> New Revision: 1664660

>> Log:
>> Added the VLV codec using  Radovan's code
> Sorry for nitpicking,
don't be !

"
I would suggest this: let me finish my rudimentary implementation. Now I
have to speed things up a bit, so it probably won't take longer than a
week or two. I'm using VLV and schema in my LDAP connector for midPoint.
I'm also working on automated tests that will use
midPoint+connector+directory API with OpenLDAP and 389ds (I already have
tests for OpenDJ). Once I have that then I will create a pull request so
it can get to the directory API project trunk. The code will probably be
a bit ugly ... but once it is in trunk you are free to clean it up. And
as I will have the tests I can check that it still works after your
cleanup ..."é

Is that enough ? I can ask Radovan for an explicit aknoledgment otherwie.

Thanks Stefan !