Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Jim Huang <ge...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/07 23:37:06 UTC

HBase 0.94 - TableMapReduceUtil class, overloaded method "initTableMapperJob" behaves differently

I am looking at the 0.94 branch and I have noticed that the overloaded
methods for "initTableMapperJob" behaves differently in that one of them
calls the "initCredentials(job);" while the others don't.  For people who
are using Kerberos security on their cluster, the initCredentials(job) sets
up the HBase security tokens for all the mapper tasks only for that
overloaded method.  Is there a specific reason why this could be
intentional?  Otherwise, I would like to create a new JIRA to see if I can
work on this as a newbie issue.

Thanks for any pointer.
Jim

Re: HBase 0.94 - TableMapReduceUtil class, overloaded method "initTableMapperJob" behaves differently

Posted by Jim Huang <ge...@gmail.com>.
Yes, that's precisely the method that should get initCredentials(job) as
well.
All the other overloaded methods with table are covered.

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.
I vaguely recall a ticket being raised and committed for this problem, but
the bug is clearly present and I'm not finding the issue. Maybe @larsh
recalls?

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Looking at references to this method, it is used by MultiTableInputFormat.

It seems the next step is to enable MultiTableInputFormat in secure cluster.

Cheers

Posted by Jim Huang <ge...@gmail.com>.
Good to see this patch is already in action, so we can avoid others
spending time on this once this is committed.

Posted by liushaohui <li...@xiaomi.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.