Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Josh Soref <js...@blackberry.com> on 2013/12/02 17:11:24 UTC

Introductory Email

Hello,

As people have probably noticed, I’m one of the BlackBerry developers working on Cordova / cordova-blackberry as part of the WebWorks team. We just released our WebWorks 2.0 Beta [1] last week.

Before joining BlackBerry, I worked on the Mozilla project.

Additionally, I’ve been involved with the W3C including the WebApps and DAP Working Groups.
- WebApps created the Widgets-Packaging W3 Recommendation around which config.xml is based.
- DAP is the group who wrote a Contacts API – which was never published as a W3 Recommendation – which Cordova adopted.

I also have experience w/ Windows, so there will be (and in fact are) pull requests from me to improve the state of Cordova there as well.

(Yes, I know it’s kind of late for me to send an introductory email. But we figured it made more sense for me to start contributing and send something like this later.)

[1] http://devblog.blackberry.com/2013/11/blackberry-webworks-sdk-2-0-beta-released-with-lots-of-apache-cordova-goodness/

Re: Introductory Email

Posted by Lorin Beer <lo...@gmail.com>.
glad to have you contributing Josh!

Re: Introductory Email

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
Congrats on the WebWorks launch! Quite happy to have another helping hand
for Windows support.

Re: Introductory Email

Posted by Michael Brooks <mi...@michaelbrooks.ca>.
Welcome Josh!