Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Puppala, Kumar (LNG-CON)" <ku...@lexisnexis.com> on 2008/03/06 19:56:55 UTC

Problem rendering PNG Issue

I am trying to render a PNG image using the new FOP Trunk code and I am
getting the following error in the log:

ERROR org.apache.fop.fo.FONode : I/O error while loading image: null

I am attaching the particular PNG image in question (the image by itself
is good and it opens up properly). I rendered the same image
successfully using 0.20.5 version. When I debugged the code, the
exception that was caught in ExternalGraphic.java was EOFException with
no message. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kumar

RE: Problem rendering PNG Issue

Posted by "Puppala, Kumar (LNG-CON)" <ku...@lexisnexis.com>.
Thanks for the quick response. I probably will not be able to modify
these images. I can grab the latest code from the Commons Trunk.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Grmbl, grmbl. Had you found this bug about 4 days earlier it would have
made it into the XML Graphics Commons release 1.3. Now we probably have
to do a bugfix release. (Not your fault!!! Thanks for the bug report!)

Bugfixed in Commons Trunk:

You can, as a work-around, edit the PNG file in some bitmap editor and
add some metadata to it so its size increases a bit. You only need about
4 bytes more and the PNG will run through with no error.

On 06.03.2008 19:56:55 Puppala, Kumar (LNG-CON) wrote:
> I am trying to render a PNG image using the new FOP Trunk code and I am
> getting the following error in the log:
>

> ERROR org.apache.fop.fo.FONode : I/O error while loading image: null
>

> I am attaching the particular PNG image in question (the image by itself
> is good and it opens up properly). I rendered the same image
> successfully using 0.20.5 version. When I debugged the code, the
> exception that was caught in ExternalGraphic.java was EOFException with
> no message. Any help is greatly appreciated.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Kumar

Jeremias Maerki