Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Sitowitz, Paul" <PS...@verisign.com> on 2005/10/17 18:27:29 UTC

[DBCP]

Hello,

I am an application architect with Verisign and am currently leveraging
DBCP for one of our core products. Because of stringent performance
requirements, we had the need to modify the Commons DBCP and Pool
components to improve performance by the removal of select features. In
anticipation of retroffitting efforts on our part that will be necessary
when new versions of either of these Commons components are released, we
are very interested to learn of the general product roadmaps for these
components (Commons Pool and DBCP).

We would be interested if you could share some information with us
regarding to:

*	Any planned releases for these components and what may be
changing (time frames a plus)
*	Plans for deprecated classes - specifically AbandonedTrace
*	Plans to update Commons Pool to reference the non-deprecated
version of CursorableLinkedList (in the latest Collections jar)

We are very interested in submitting our work back to Jakarta so that
our efforts may be leveraged by others in the Open Source community.
Please let me know who the best person/people are for me to contact to
send our work to.

Thanks.

Paul

P a u l   S i t o w i t z

Infrastructure Team

Applixation Architect

  Naming and Directory Services

21345 Ridgetop Circle

Dulles, VA 20166-6503

psitowitz@verisign.com      (email)

703-948-3298                   (office)

703-626-3593                   (cell)

This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to
which it is

addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and

exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any unauthorized use,
distribution,

or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message
in error,

please notify sender immediately and destroy/delete the original
transmission.