Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org> on 2011/09/05 17:13:39 UTC

[CHAIN][VOTE] accept the 2.0-work brach as proper codebase in /trunk

Hi all guys,
thanks to a user, Elijah Zupancic, that recently submitted CHAIN-53, a
group of Commons committers started working on that component in a
branch 2.0[1] to experiment updates and study improvements in order to
push a next release soon.
We are in the middle of discussing about the current/improved design,
maintaining - or not - the retro-compatibility, better modularization
- splitting the chain in submodules - and so on, so as you maybe
noticed latest ML activity looks like there is a renewed interest from
both committers and users that came back to submit contributions.
You would be maybe interested on see which level of
retro-compatibility we maintained after the update, by reading the
Clirr report[2] published on my personal ASF space.
So we are interested on releasing that code and our proposal is to
move the current trunk in a 1.x branch and move the 2.0 work in trunk,
please cast your vote:

[+1]    let's make the branch the code we want to see released as new chain
[+/- 0] feel free to express opinions
[-1]     because...

Feedbacks are, obviously, welcome.
Many thanks in advance, all the best!!!
Simo

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/chain/branches/version-2.0-work
[2] http://people.apache.org/~simonetripodi/chain/clirr-report.html

http://www.99soft.org/

Re: [CHAIN][VOTE] accept the 2.0-work brach as proper codebase in /trunk

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
my +1
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/

Re: [RESULT][CHAIN][VOTE] accept the 2.0-work brach as proper codebase in /trunk

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
great, looking forward for more contributions Paul!!!
thanks a lot, have a nice day!
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
Here's my +1 non-binding.

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@gmail.com>.
<si...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi all guys,
> thanks to a user, Elijah Zupancic, that recently submitted CHAIN-53, a
> group of Commons committers started working on that component in a
> branch 2.0[1] to experiment updates and study improvements in order to
> push a next release soon.
> We are in the middle of discussing about the current/improved design,
> maintaining - or not - the retro-compatibility, better modularization
> - splitting the chain in submodules - and so on, so as you maybe
> noticed latest ML activity looks like there is a renewed interest from
> both committers and users that came back to submit contributions.
> You would be maybe interested on see which level of
> retro-compatibility we maintained after the update, by reading the
> Clirr report[2] published on my personal ASF space.
> So we are interested on releasing that code and our proposal is to
> move the current trunk in a 1.x branch and move the 2.0 work in trunk,
> please cast your vote:
>
> [+1]    let's make the branch the code we want to see released as new chain
> [+/- 0] feel free to express opinions
> [-1]     because...

+1

Matt

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.
+1

Sent from tablet device.  Please excuse typos and brevity.

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi Jochen!