Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Burton Strauss <Bu...@SmallNetSolutions.com> on 2005/12/01 05:09:54 UTC

Silly ? - How do I figure out the name of the file the log is being written to?

(For want of a better explanation, I want to use system.out.println() to
tell the user where to look for the log file)

The log4j logging works great, but I can't figure out how to grab the file
name so I can output it...

Thanks!

-----Burton

RE: Silly ? - How do I figure out the name of the file the log is being written to?

Posted by Burton Strauss <Bu...@SmallNetSolutions.com>.
Log4j.properties (I dumped that file and the test program into my other
reply)

Thanks!

-----Burton

are you creating the FileAppender with code, or via the log4j configuration
mechanism (ie log4j.properties/xml) ?

Paul

Posted by Paul Smith <ps...@aconex.com>.