Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/10/02 23:34:14 UTC

[Hadoop Wiki] Update of "PoweredBy" by NesimeTatbul

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by NesimeTatbul:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/PoweredBy

   * [http://www.weblab.infosci.cornell.edu/ Cornell University Web Lab]
    * Generating web graphs on 100 nodes (dual 2.4GHz Xeon Processor, 2 GB RAM, 72GB Hard Drive)
+
+  * [http://www.systems.ethz.ch/education/courses/hs08/map-reduce/ ETH Zurich Systems Group]
+   * We are using Hadoop in a course that we are currently teaching: "Massively Parallel Data Analysis with MapReduce". The course projects are based on real use-cases from biological data analysis.
+   * Cluster hardware: 16 x (Quad-core Intel Xeon, 8GB RAM, 1.5 TB Hard-Disk)

   * [http://www.eyealike.com/ Eyealike] - Visual Media Search Platform
    * Facial similarity and recognition across large datasets.