Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Chris Thielen <cm...@someone.dhs.org> on 2004/07/29 06:21:20 UTC

[RDJ] Announce: Curl support for Rules du Jour

Hi all,

I just released RDJ 1.17 with curl support.  Additionally, I
incorporated a patch from Daniel Cohen which skips emailing the
administrator unless a new version of RDJ has been retrieved.

Regarding curl support:
- First and most important: Curl is detected and used by default.
***This could theoretically cause problems in some environments***
- Wget is still used as a fallback.
- Requires curl 7.10 or greater (The main reason I added curl support
was for the --compressed option, which was added in 7.10); I attempt to
detect the installed version.

There are only a few people using the 1.17-pre1 version, so please
inform me of any bugs ASAP!

--
Chris Thielen

Easily generate SpamAssassin rules to catch obfuscated spam phrases
(0BFU$C/\TED SPA/\/\ P|-|RA$ES):  http://www.sandgnat.com/cmos/
Keep up to date with the latest third party SpamAssassin Rulesets:
http://www.exit0.us/index.php/RulesDuJour

Re: [RDJ] Announce: Curl support for Rules du Jour

Posted by LuKreme <kr...@kreme.com>.
On 28 Jul 2004, at 22:21, Chris Thielen wrote:
> I just released RDJ 1.17 with curl support.

And there was great rejoicing!

--
Love is like oxygen/You get too much/you get too high/Not enough and
you're gonna die