Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gm...@talend.com> on 2011/10/13 02:13:41 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1182585...

On 10/12/2011 05:17 PM, iocanel@apache.org wrote:
> Author: iocanel
> Date: Wed Oct 12 21:17:47 2011
> New Revision: 1182585
>
> +<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> +<!--
> +    Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more
> +    contributor license agreements. See the NOTICE file distributed with
> +    this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership.
> +    The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
> +    (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
> +    the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
> +
> +       http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
> +
> +    Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
> +    distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
> +    WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
> +    See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
> +    limitations under the License.
> +
> +-->
> +<xs:schema elementFormDefault="qualified"
> +    targetNamespace="http://karaf.apache.org/xmlns/features/v1.0.0"
> +    xmlns:tns="http://karaf.apache.org/xmlns/features/v1.0.0"
> +    xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
> +
> +<xs:annotation>
> +<xs:documentation><![CDATA[
> +Karaf features mechanism. For documentation please visit
> +<a href="http://karaf.apache.org/">Karaf website</a>.
> +        ]]></xs:documentation>
> +</xs:annotation>
> +
> +<xs:complexType name="features">
> +<xs:annotation>
> +<xs:documentation><![CDATA[
> +Root element of Feature definition. It contains optional attribute which allow
> +name of repository. This name will be used in shell to display source repository
> +of given feature.

Root element of the Feature definition.  It contains an optional
attribute for
designating from which repository this feature should be loaded.  The Karaf
shell will report this repository when displaying information about the
feature.

> +            ]]></xs:documentation>
> +</xs:annotation>
> +<xs:choice minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded">
> +<xs:element name="repository" type="xs:anyURI">
> +<xs:annotation>
> +<xs:documentation><![CDATA[
> +Additional repositories where dependencies are stored.
> +                    ]]></xs:documentation>
> +</xs:annotation>
> +</xs:element>
> +<xs:element name="feature" type="tns:feature">
> +<xs:annotation>
> +<xs:documentation><![CDATA[
> +Feature definition.
> +                    ]]></xs:documentation>
> +</xs:annotation>
> +</xs:element>
> +</xs:choice>
> +<xs:attribute name="name" type="xs:string" />
> +</xs:complexType>
> +
> +<xs:complexType name="feature">
> +<xs:annotation>
> +<xs:documentation><![CDATA[
> +Definition of the Feature.

> +            ]]></xs:documentation>
> +</xs:annotation>
> +<xs:choice minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded">
> +<xs:element name="details" minOccurs="0" type="xs:string">
> +<xs:annotation>
> +<xs:documentation><![CDATA[
> +Long info displayed in features:info command result.

The help text shown for this feature when using the features:info
console command.

> +                    ]]>
> +</xs:documentation>
> +</xs:annotation>
> +</xs:element>
> +<xs:element name="config" type="tns:config" />
> +<xs:element name="configfile" type="tns:configFile" />
> +<xs:element name="feature" type="tns:dependency" />
> +<xs:element name="bundle" type="tns:bundle" />
> +</xs:choice>
> +<xs:attribute name="name" type="tns:featureName" use="required" />
> +<xs:attribute name="version" type="xs:string" default="0.0.0" />
> +<xs:attribute name="description" type="xs:string" />
> +<xs:attribute name="resolver" type="tns:resolver">
> +<xs:annotation>
> +<xs:documentation><![CDATA[
> +Karaf allow using dynamic resolvers.

Karaf allows using dynamic resolvers.   (Can you add something else here?)

> +                ]]>
> +</xs:documentation>
> +</xs:annotation>
> +</xs:attribute>
> +<xs:attribute name="install" type="tns:install">
> +<xs:annotation>
> +<xs:documentation><![CDATA[
> +Marks if the feaute will be automatically started when thrown to the deploy folder.

If true, marks that the feature should start automatically when placed
in the deploy folder.

(But install doesn't do this, it is *start* that automatically starts
the bundle, correct?)

> +                ]]>
> +</xs:documentation>
> +</xs:annotation>
> +</xs:attribute>
> +<xs:attribute name="start-level" type="xs:int">
> +<xs:annotation>
> +<xs:documentation><![CDATA[
> +Bundles in this feature start level set to OSGi framework.
> +                ]]>
> +</xs:documentation>

(I'm not sure what the above sentence means.)

> +</xs:annotation>
> +</xs:attribute>
> +
> +</xs:complexType>
> +
> +<xs:complexType name="bundle">
> +<xs:annotation>
> +<xs:documentation><![CDATA[
> +Deployable element to install.
> +            ]]></xs:documentation>
> +</xs:annotation>
> +<xs:simpleContent>
> +<xs:extension base="xs:anyURI">
> +<xs:attribute name="start-level" type="xs:int">
> +<xs:annotation>
> +<xs:documentation><![CDATA[
> +Bundle start level set to OSGi framework.

Is this an erroneous duplication of the element just above or does it
have a different meaning?

> +                        ]]>
> +</xs:documentation>
> +</xs:annotation>
> +</xs:attribute>
> +<xs:attribute name="start" type="xs:boolean">
> +<xs:annotation>
> +<xs:documentation><![CDATA[
> +This switch allow you to leave bundle in resolved state.

If false, leaves bundle in non-started (resolved) state.

> +                        ]]>
> +</xs:documentation>
> +</xs:annotation>
> +</xs:attribute>
> +<xs:attribute name="dependency" type="xs:boolean">
> +<xs:annotation>
> +<xs:documentation><![CDATA[
> +Mark bundle as dependency for resolver.

Mark the bundle as a dependency for the resolver.

> +                        ]]>
> +</xs:documentation>
> +</xs:annotation>
> +</xs:attribute>
> +</xs:extension>
> +</xs:simpleContent>
> +</xs:complexType>
> +
> +<xs:complexType name="dependency">
> +<xs:annotation>
> +<xs:documentation><![CDATA[
> +Dependency of feature.
> +            ]]></xs:documentation>
> +</xs:annotation>
> +<xs:simpleContent>
> +<xs:extension base="tns:featureName">
> +<xs:attribute name="version" type="xs:string" default="0.0.0" />
> +</xs:extension>
> +</xs:simpleContent>
> +</xs:complexType>
> +
> +<xs:complexType name="config">
> +<xs:annotation>
> +<xs:documentation><![CDATA[
> +Configuration entries which should be created during feature installation. This
> +configuration may be used with OSGi Configuration Admin.
> +            ]]></xs:documentation>
> +</xs:annotation>
> +<xs:simpleContent>
> +<xs:extension base="xs:string">
> +<xs:attribute name="name" type="xs:string" use="required" />
> +</xs:extension>
> +</xs:simpleContent>
> +</xs:complexType>
> +
> +<xs:complexType name="configFile">
> +<xs:annotation>
> +<xs:documentation><![CDATA[
> +Additional configuration files which should be created during feature installation.
> +            ]]></xs:documentation>
> +</xs:annotation>
> +<xs:simpleContent>
> +<xs:extension base="xs:anyURI">
> +<xs:attribute name="finalname" type="xs:string" use="required">

I think you mean "filename" and not "finalname"

> +<xs:annotation>
> +<xs:documentation><![CDATA[
> +Name of file name where given deployable element should be stored.

Name of file where the given deployable...

> +                        ]]></xs:documentation>
> +</xs:annotation>
> +</xs:attribute>
> +<xs:attribute name="override" type="xs:boolean">
> +<xs:annotation>
> +<xs:documentation><![CDATA[
> +flag to specify if the finalname file should be overriden

flag to specify that if the filename file already exists, it should be
overridden

> +                        ]]></xs:documentation>
> +</xs:annotation>
> +</xs:attribute>
> +
> +</xs:extension>
> +</xs:simpleContent>
> +</xs:complexType>
> +
> +<xs:simpleType name="featureName">
> +<xs:annotation>
> +<xs:documentation><![CDATA[
> +Feature name should be non empty string.
> +            ]]></xs:documentation>
> +</xs:annotation>
> +<xs:restriction base="xs:string">
> +<xs:minLength value="1" />
> +</xs:restriction>
> +</xs:simpleType>
> +
> +<xs:simpleType name="resolver">
> +<xs:annotation>
> +<xs:documentation><![CDATA[
> +Resolver to use. Karaf will look for OSGi servie which have following properties:
> +objectClass: org.apache.karaf.features.Resolver
> +name: the value
> +            ]]></xs:documentation>

...for the OSGi service which has the following...

> +</xs:annotation>
> +<xs:restriction base="xs:string">
> +<xs:minLength value="1" />
> +</xs:restriction>
> +</xs:simpleType>
> +<xs:simpleType name="install">
> +<xs:annotation>
> +<xs:documentation><![CDATA[
> +Installation mode. Can be either manual or auto. Specifies wether the feature should be automatically installed when
> +dropped inside the deploy folder. Note: This attribute doesn't affect feature descriptors that are installed from the
> +command line or as part of the org.apache.karaf.features.cfg.

Specifies whether the feature...

--
Glen Mazza
Talend - http://www.talend.com/apache