Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/21 23:39:10 UTC

[VOTE] Release build 6.0.21

The candidates binaries are available here:
http://people.apache.org/~jfclere/tomcat-6/v6.0.21/

According to the release process, the 6.0.21 tag is:
[ ] Broken
[ ] Alpha
[ ] Beta
[ ] Stable

Jean-Frederic

Re: [VOTE] Release build 6.0.21

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
On 12/22/2009 10:11 AM, jean-frederic clere wrote:
> On 12/22/2009 09:28 AM, Henri Gomez wrote:
>>> Up till now we always had tcnative-1.dll not libtcnative-1.dll
>>> so it's just broken build comming from private builds,
>>> because there is no 1.1.18 binaries in w.a.o/dist/
>>> Meaning:
>>> 1. Wrong tcnative
>>> 2. Build is not reproducable
>>>
>>> I'd say the packaging is broken, not the 6.0.21 itself.
>>
>> So nothing prevent from a release of 6.0.21 ?
>
> I just have to redo the package and produce the missing tcnative-1.dlls.

Right, just make a notice when you do, since we are
voting both for a tag and RM's (you) binaries.

Cheers
--
^TM

Re: [VOTE] Release build 6.0.21

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@apache.org>.
On Dec 22, 2009, at 4:32 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:

>>> So nothing prevent from a release of 6.0.21 ?
>>
>> I just have to redo the package and produce the missing tcnative-1.dlls.
>
> You'll need to revert some of the changes you made to the tag as well.
> It might be cleaner to create a new tag. i.e.
> - delete the current 6.0.21 tag
> - set the version in 6.0.x/trunk
> - tag 6.0.21
> - reset the version in 6.0.x/trunk
> - regenerate the release candidate
>
> Only a thought though. As long as the source tarball we vote on a)
> matches the tag and b) can be used to generate the release binaries
> everything else is academic.

+1

Re: [VOTE] Release build 6.0.21

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>.
On 12/22/2009 10:32 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:

>>> So nothing prevent from a release of 6.0.21 ?
>>
>> I just have to redo the package and produce the missing tcnative-1.dlls.
>
> You'll need to revert some of the changes you made to the tag as well.

I have reverted the bad changes.

> It might be cleaner to create a new tag. i.e.
> - delete the current 6.0.21 tag
> - set the version in 6.0.x/trunk
> - tag 6.0.21
> - reset the version in 6.0.x/trunk
> - regenerate the release candidate
>
> Only a thought though. As long as the source tarball we vote on a)
> matches the tag and b) can be used to generate the release binaries
> everything else is academic.

Yep I will redo the production of the tarballs and others.

Cheers

Jean-Frederic

Re: [VOTE] Release build 6.0.21

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 22/12/2009 09:11, jean-frederic clere wrote:
> On 12/22/2009 09:28 AM, Henri Gomez wrote:
>>> Up till now we always had tcnative-1.dll not libtcnative-1.dll
>>> so it's just broken build comming from private builds,
>>> because there is no 1.1.18 binaries in w.a.o/dist/
>>> Meaning:
>>> 1. Wrong tcnative
>>> 2. Build is not reproducable
>>>
>>> I'd say the packaging is broken, not the 6.0.21 itself.
>>
>> So nothing prevent from a release of 6.0.21 ?
>
> I just have to redo the package and produce the missing tcnative-1.dlls.

You'll need to revert some of the changes you made to the tag as well.
It might be cleaner to create a new tag. i.e.
- delete the current 6.0.21 tag
- set the version in 6.0.x/trunk
- tag 6.0.21
- reset the version in 6.0.x/trunk
- regenerate the release candidate

Only a thought though. As long as the source tarball we vote on a)
matches the tag and b) can be used to generate the release binaries
everything else is academic.

Mark

Re: [VOTE] Release build 6.0.21

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release build 6.0.21

Posted by Henri Gomez <he...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release build 6.0.21

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
On 12/22/2009 08:15 AM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
> Mladen Turk wrote:
>> On 12/21/2009 11:39 PM, jean-frederic clere wrote:
>>> The candidates binaries are available here:
>>> http://people.apache.org/~jfclere/tomcat-6/v6.0.21/
>>>
>>> According to the release process, the 6.0.21 tag is:
>>> [X] Broken
>>> [ ] Alpha
>>> [ ] Beta
>>> [ ] Stable
>>>

>> tcnative-1.dll in the zips is build with dynamically
>> linked apr and ssl which is wrong.
>> tcnative-1 must have apr and ssl statically linked
>> while libtcnative-1 is dynamically linked.
>> Either it won't work on client boxes or it'll pick
>> up the random libapr-1.dll from the users PATH
>
> It will pick up the libapr-1.dll side-by-side with the .jni
> stub, AIUI, unless I'm horribly mistaken.  Did you confirm this?

 From where it'll pick the libapr-1.dll ?
On my box it pick the one from SVN cause it happens I have it
in the PATH, however it won't get picked in service mode, cause
I have not that in system PATH.

Up till now we always had tcnative-1.dll not libtcnative-1.dll
so it's just broken build comming from private builds,
because there is no 1.1.18 binaries in w.a.o/dist/
Meaning:
1. Wrong tcnative
2. Build is not reproducable

I'd say the packaging is broken, not the 6.0.21 itself.

Regards
--
^TM

Re: [VOTE] Release build 6.0.21