Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by nu...@yahoo.com on 2005/01/26 03:14:17 UTC

content checking with SA?

hello,

i've checked the faq under the section: i'm not a
spammer and could not find what i'm looking for.

we send out legitimate newsletters and would like to
know of a way to apply the spam assassin check to the
content of our email before sending out.  i google'd
around for "spam content checker" and found two
popular sites on:

lyris.com
e-filtrate.com

lyris mentions that they use spamassassin on their
site.  are there apis for SA that will allow a
marketeer to check their mail before sending out?

thanks,
simon

Re: content checking with SA?

Posted by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org>.
On Tuesday, January 25, 2005, 6:14:17 PM, null pointer-lists wrote:
> hello,

> i've checked the faq under the section: i'm not a
> spammer and could not find what i'm looking for.

> we send out legitimate newsletters and would like to
> know of a way to apply the spam assassin check to the
> content of our email before sending out.  i google'd
> around for "spam content checker" and found two
> popular sites on:

> lyris.com
> e-filtrate.com

> lyris mentions that they use spamassassin on their
> site.  are there apis for SA that will allow a
> marketeer to check their mail before sending out?

> thanks,
> simon

I'd feel a lot better answering your question if you had
a real name and address (how do we know you're not a spammer?),
but the quick answer is that you can feed your message into
SpamAssassin from the command line.  See the wiki or faq
or manual.

Jeff C.
--
Jeff Chan