Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Simon Mieth <si...@t-online.de> on 2004/03/01 00:42:55 UTC

Re: [ANN] GUIapplication for Offline Processing

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 23:50:33 +0100
Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org> wrote:

> Simon Mieth wrote:
> > Dear Cocoon community,
> >
> > I want today announce my small GUIapplication, which
> > uses the CocoonBean.
>
> > After getting a friendly hint from Upayavira to announce
> > here and look if there is some interest.
>

> I think there might be lot of interest, and first look is
> impressive. That GPL license for something based purely on
> Apache software (plus a few BSD libraries), however, is
> making me a bit unconfortable and less willing to invest
> time on it.
>
> Anyway, it looks good indeed.
>
> --
> Gianugo Rabellino
> Pro-netics s.r.l. -  http://www.pro-netics.com
> Orixo, the XML business alliance - http://www.orixo.com
>      (Blogging at: http://www.rabellino.it/blog/)

Hi Gianugo,

thanx for reply, the license is depend *only* the icons-set
and the images on the info-panel, I remove this and I will
do drop this thing under  "The Apache Software License", but
so I understand the GPL, I'm bind to GPL by using this
artwork.
I'm searching for a new icon-set with a License like BSD or
ASL. Any link/point  here will change this issue.
And of course the irony is aware be me ;-).
I droped 2 libraries out with are under GPL and I'm working
on it.
Is there interest to help I can remove the artwork tomorrow
and change the license.

Please dont understand me, it is not my work, witch I I
licensed with GPL, it the uses of artwork from other people,
which I have to respect.

Best Regards,
Simon