Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jens Riboe <jr...@wilytech.com> on 2006/02/20 17:56:55 UTC

Cannot run site:deploy using scpexe, but can run deploy:deploy using scpexe

Hi,

I have problem with site:deploy using scpexe. I'm running on WinXP with
putty installed.

scpexe://myHost/home/myUser/tools/MyTool - Session: Opened
Executing command: ssh -i "C:\Documents and Settings\myUser\My
Documents\My Certificates\myHost.priv.ppk" -o "BatchMode yes"
myUser@myHost "mkdir -p /home/myUser/tools/MyTool/."

'ssh' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program or batch file.

scpexe://myHost/home/myUser/tools/MyTool - Session: Disconnecting

In the source code of wagon sshext, I can see the check for putty
    boolean putty = sshExecutable.indexOf( "plink" ) >= 0;
There is several putty checks like
if ( putty )
{
    cl.createArgument().setValue( "-batch" );
}
else
{
    cl.createArgument().setValue( "-o" );
    cl.createArgument().setValue( "BatchMode yes" );
}

So, based on this and the generated command line above I can conclude
that it does not pick up the settings.

However, I can successfully perform a deploy:deploy, which means the
settings are picked up by the deploy plugin, but not the site plugin.

Here is part of the settings file
<servers>
    <server>
        <id>myServer</id>
        <username>myUser</username>
        <privateKey>C:\Documents and Settings\myUser\My Documents\My
Certificates\myHost.priv.ppk</privateKey>
        <configuration>
            <sshExecutable>plink</sshExecutable>
            <scpExecutable>pscp</scpExecutable>
            <sshArgs>-v</sshArgs>
        </configuration>
    </server>
</servers>

Here is part of the pom
<distributionManagement>
    <repository>
      <id>myServer</id>
      <url>scpexe://myHost/home/myUser/M2</url>
    </repository>

    <site>
        <id>myServer</id>
        <url>scpexe://myHost/home/myUser/tools/MyTool</url>
    </site>
</distributionManagement>

<build>
    <extensions>
        <extension>
            <groupId>org.apache.maven.wagon</groupId>
            <artifactId>wagon-ssh-external</artifactId>
            <version>1.0-alpha-6</version>
        </extension>
    </extensions>

Any light on this 'show stopper' is highly appreciated.

	/Jens