Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io> on 2015/07/28 11:53:58 UTC

Nutch tests from Maven

Hello - Nutch does not ship unit tests anymore as Maven artifacts, hence we cannot use CrawlDBTestUtil in external projects. Should we ship them? Or just copy the utils? What do you think?
Markus

Re: Nutch tests from Maven

Posted by Sebastian Nagel <wa...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Markus,

+1 / why not? It will be rarely used, I guess.
And it was surely ok, to remove test classes
and dependencies from the "normal" package
to make the job file smaller (NUTCH-1803).

Maybe the main question is whether to
provide a test artifact "officially", or just
add a target to publish it locally?
If you integrate a test artifact you're
probably also able to build it.

Sebastian