Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by joesan <co...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/29 10:16:28 UTC

ActiveMQ Authorization Performace

Guys,

I"m looking for suggestions if I should consider using LDAP for
authorization? Does the authorization happen only once when my clients set
up their connection? or does it happen for every messages published or
consumed by the clients?

Re: ActiveMQ Authorization Performace

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
For 5 users whose credentials don't change often, I'd suggest simple
authentication plugin

http://activemq.apache.org/security.html#Security-SimpleAuthenticationPlugin

as it's the easiest to setup.

Regards
--
Dejan Bosanac
----------------------

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi,

it all depends on your environment and use case.

If you have a small number of clients that you control, you can easily
go with user/pass version (and using ssl just to encrypt data).

If you expect large number of clients and you might to think about
LDAP so that you can manage user credentials more easily.

So there's no right or wrong way, it's just what you need (and keep it
as simple as possible :)

Regards
--
Dejan Bosanac

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
You can use cached ldap authorization module

http://activemq.apache.org/cached-ldap-authorization-module.html

it caches all data in memory

Regards
--