Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de> on 2008/05/01 04:31:13 UTC

Re: Handel failure in sql tag

Hi,

my advice is :

- do not use the <input/> task,

- create a small web application where your users would choose from a
dropdown the JDBC URL to connect to

- have this web application kick off ant, passing -Ddb.hostname=foo
-Ddb.port=1234 ..., or more simply -Djdbc.url=xxxxxxxx

where I am working, we are using CruiseControl and we have patched it to
make it willing to start a build across JMX with a specific target and a
list or map of properties.

So our web application passes properties for deployments to
CruiseControl which then obligingly executes ...

Regards,

Antoine