Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/24 08:04:13 UTC

ASF slack vs gitter.im

Hi guys,
I have recently discovered gitter.im whch is open to the public and well
integrated with github.

We started using Slack but the channel we have is only for Apache
committers.

Does anyone ever thought about using gitter for Mavrn community?

Enrico

Re: ASF slack vs gitter.im

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Il dom 24 mar 2019, 15:17 Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> ha
scritto:

> Le dim. 24 mars 2019 à 13:42, Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> a
> écrit :
>
> > The only better 'integration' is that you can use your gihub account and
> so
> > every contributor can log in.
> >
> > Asf slack is only for committers, it is not even possible to chat with
> > people that are trying to get in touch with the community
> >

> Once again it is not true, Beam invited people not committer, not sure why
> you think it is the case.
>
> Give a try with https://s.apache.org/slack-invite

I really didn't know!

That's great.

Better to stick to slack!

But we should advertise better this channel

Enrico

Re: ASF slack vs gitter.im

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: ASF slack vs gitter.im