Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Michael Aro <m....@gmail.com> on 2013/04/27 17:01:42 UTC

version for apache nutch giraph integration and irc

Hi All,

I have being reading the nutch wiki. Currently, there are branches for 2.x
e.g. 2.1 and 1.x e.g. 1.6. The trunk is the 1.6 version.

The trunk contains the ".webgraph" package including classes LinkRank.java
and WebGraph.java. These classes do not exist in Nutch 2.1. Have they being
modified in Nutch 2.1 using different names or they do not exist at all?

Is the Giraph implementation meant for 2.x, 1.x or both?

Besides, will the implementation in Giraph include the WebGraph class in
addition to the LinkRank (PageRank implementation) class? Will it just
include the implementation of all the classes in WebGraph package of
version 1.6?

Is there any irc channel for Nutch or Giraph? I can't find any on the
pages.

Mike,
Student interested in this project and participating in GSoC '13

Reference
1. Giraph implementation of Nutch LinkRank Algorithm
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GIRAPH-584

Re: version for apache nutch giraph integration and irc

Posted by Sebastian Nagel <wa...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Mike

> I have being reading the nutch wiki. Currently, there are branches for 2.x
> e.g. 2.1 and 1.x e.g. 1.6. The trunk is the 1.6 version.

Trunk is for the 1.x releases (last release is 1.6),
while branches/2.x is 2.1, etc.

> The trunk contains the ".webgraph" package including classes LinkRank.java
> and WebGraph.java. These classes do not exist in Nutch 2.1. Have they being
> modified in Nutch 2.1 using different names or they do not exist at all?

Webgraph hasn't been ported to 2.x yet, see NUTCH-875.

> Is the Giraph implementation meant for 2.x, 1.x or both?
I would say that depends mainly on you.
But it may be easier to start with 1.x because
there is already a "reference" implementation.

> Is there any irc channel for Nutch or Giraph? I can't find any on the
> pages.
AFIK, there is none for Nutch, only the mailing lists.

> Student interested in this project and participating in GSoC '13

Great! I think you should get in touch with Lewis, he's the expert
on this issue.

Sebastian