Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk> on 2004/12/28 05:39:03 UTC

[Axis2] - EndpointReference and EndpointReferenceType

Hi all,

I saw that the name of EndpointReferenceType class has been changed to
EndpointReference.

Let me explain the reason behind me putting that name.

I looked at Dims ws-addressing impl and it also had the same concept I did.
And if you look at section 2.2 of ws-addressing spec you will see the reason
there also.

EndpointReferenceType class, I thought of using as the xml infoset view of
the ws-addressing EPR. And to use EndpointReference class, to give the other
methods like toOM, toString, etc., (This is the same thing done by Dims in
his impl).
I think its better to use EndpointReferenceType class as a value holder for
params defined in the spec.

But for M1, I purposely withdrew the EndpointReference class, as its
functionality will not be used.

(Hope this won't be another war for naming :) :))

Thoughts ??

Thx and regards,
Eran Chinthaka

RE: [Axis2] - EndpointReference and EndpointReferenceType

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Glen,

>>Hi Eran:
>>
>>> I looked at Dims ws-addressing impl and it also had the same concept I
>>did.
>>> And if you look at section 2.2 of ws-addressing spec you will see the
>>reason
>>> there also.
>>>
>>> EndpointReferenceType class, I thought of using as the xml infoset view
>>of
>>> the ws-addressing EPR. And to use EndpointReference class, to give the
>>other
>>> methods like toOM, toString, etc., (This is the same thing done by Dims
>>in
>>> his impl).
>>> I think its better to use EndpointReferenceType class as a value holder
>>for
>>> params defined in the spec.
>>
>>Can you explain why?  When are we going to use EPRType and not EPR?

 [Chinthaka] EPRType will be used in the messageContext to hold the
addressing like properties. Eg: From, To, ReplyTo, etc.,

And OM representation or DOM representation of EPR is different. I wanted to
use the same value holder, EPRType, in any case.

More :
One will create and EPRType object, set properties. Then if he needs to
convert that to OM, or to serialize he might use EPR (created from EPRType)
for that.

And according to spec, EPRType is just a value holder and EPR is the
serialized version of that. Remember, serialization of EPRType is bit
tricky.

>>> But for M1, I purposely withdrew the EndpointReference class, as its
>>> functionality will not be used.
>>
>>I'm not sure the addressing stuff should be in there at all for M1.

 [Chinthaka] Agreed. But we need some EPR stuff in msgctxt. But not
ws-addressing stuff !!

>>> (Hope this won't be another war for naming :) :))
>>
>>Me too, but naming is actually really important. :)

 [Chinthaka] I hate naming wars, as we always have those here. :(

-- Eran Chinthaka

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
Hi Eran: