Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Collins, Jim" <ji...@uk.nomura.com> on 2002/05/09 14:46:29 UTC

RE: new thread for Jeffrey Caswell

If people are going to start kidnapping threads I will jump on the bandwagon
;-)

Does anyone know why my JSP's stop displaying correctly after I get a JSP
file not found error when trying to load an incorrect JSP. Previously all
JSP's were behaving fine but as soon as I try and load the bad JSP they stop
displaying.

Thanks

Jim.

PLEASE READ: The information contained in this email is confidential
and intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you are not an intended
recipient of this email you must not copy, distribute or take any
further action in reliance on it and you should delete it and notify the
sender immediately. Email is not a secure method of communication and
Nomura International plc cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy
or completeness of this message or any attachment(s). Please examine this
email for virus infection, for which Nomura International plc accepts
no responsibility. If verification of this email is sought then please
Nomura International plc. This email is intended for informational
purposes only and is not a solicitation or offer to buy or sell
securities or related financial instruments. Nomura International plc is
regulated by the Financial Services Authority and is a member of the
London Stock Exchange.

Re: new thread for Jeffrey Caswell

Posted by Jeff Hoare <jh...@ihug.com.au>.
Hiya,
Actually I think he (the original poster) has a point (although I might not
have said it quite that way). I tried to follow the various guides for
getting mod_jk to work, with no luck (after also suggesting that he follow
the documentation). I was able to get the mod_webapp connector working (based
on the instructions) but no luck with mod_jk. With debugging on it seems that
only the ajp12 worker is loaded, and not the ajp13, or ajp14 workers. So,
this all means that the request fails trying to map the name (ajp13) to a
worker.
These seem to be complied in during the build process (at least I can see the
various workers being compiled), so any help you can provide would be great.
See, I don't know whether this is a bug?or a configuration error on my part.

The original poster is correct the are a number of conflicting/incomplete
documents about how to configure this setup. These have been produced by one
of the developers, which is good, but perhaps his knowledge allows him to
assume things that us mere mortals don't know (yet). I sorta think that its
important (for the user experience) to at least get a working setup
reasonably easily, so I would be happy to put together something like a
dummies guide to.... once I can get things working that at least allows you
to readily rule out configuration errors. Then ppl can refer to additional
documents for more advanced config options.

My setup is:
Linux, Apache 1.3 tomcat 4.1 (although it doesn't work with 4.0.3 either). I
don't believe the request even gets to tomcat server though.

Anyway, any help provided would be appreciated.

Jeff