Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Sascha Schumann <sa...@schumann.cx> on 2000/06/11 19:03:44 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/pcre Makefile.in

On 11 Jun 2000 ben@locus.apache.org wrote:

> ben         00/06/11 07:08:16
>
>   Modified:    src/lib/pcre Makefile.in
>   Log:
>   Make "make depend" work - pending a real fix, that is. I did attempt to do this
>   properly, but that means some radical autoconf shit that is, once more, beyond
>   me.

    The pcre library is so light-wheighted that it does not need
    it is own autoconf shit. It would be much cleaner, if we
    would only build the part of the library which the host
    application needs (four, max five source files). If noone
    objects, I'll make the necessary changes.

    - Sascha

Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/pcre Makefile.in

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
> > Please do. Possibly consider a CHANGES file that lists what we've done to
> > the pcre module. (expat-lite is a subset of Expat, and we document that fact
> > and the differences in expat-lite/CHANGES)
> >
> > IMO, I'd go one step further and delete the files that we don't use.
>
> While we're an the subject, I'd really like to be able to set -Werror
> (in maintainer-mode?) - but it breaks configure - can that be fixed?

Since I've been hip deep in autoconf and the configure process all week,
I'll look at this either tonight or tomorrow morning.

BTW, what's with all the e-mail today?  I take one day off to spend time
with my wife, and I get about 90 messages.  :-)  Good to see all the work
being done, but it's taken me a half hour to read all of it.  :-)  :-)

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/pcre Makefile.in

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.
Greg Stein wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 11, 2000 at 07:03:44PM +0200, Sascha Schumann wrote:
> > On 11 Jun 2000 ben@locus.apache.org wrote:
> >
> > > ben         00/06/11 07:08:16
> > >
> > >   Modified:    src/lib/pcre Makefile.in
> > >   Log:
> > >   Make "make depend" work - pending a real fix, that is. I did attempt to do this
> > >   properly, but that means some radical autoconf shit that is, once more, beyond
> > >   me.
> >
> >     The pcre library is so light-wheighted that it does not need
> >     it is own autoconf shit. It would be much cleaner, if we
> >     would only build the part of the library which the host
> >     application needs (four, max five source files). If noone
> >     objects, I'll make the necessary changes.
>
> Please do. Possibly consider a CHANGES file that lists what we've done to
> the pcre module. (expat-lite is a subset of Expat, and we document that fact
> and the differences in expat-lite/CHANGES)
>
> IMO, I'd go one step further and delete the files that we don't use.

While we're an the subject, I'd really like to be able to set -Werror
(in maintainer-mode?) - but it breaks configure - can that be fixed?

Cheers,

Ben.

--
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html

Coming to ApacheCon Europe 2000? http://apachecon.com/

Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/pcre Makefile.in

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Sun, Jun 11, 2000 at 07:03:44PM +0200, Sascha Schumann wrote:
> On 11 Jun 2000 ben@locus.apache.org wrote:
>
> > ben         00/06/11 07:08:16
> >
> >   Modified:    src/lib/pcre Makefile.in
> >   Log:
> >   Make "make depend" work - pending a real fix, that is. I did attempt to do this
> >   properly, but that means some radical autoconf shit that is, once more, beyond
> >   me.
>
>     The pcre library is so light-wheighted that it does not need
>     it is own autoconf shit. It would be much cleaner, if we
>     would only build the part of the library which the host
>     application needs (four, max five source files). If noone
>     objects, I'll make the necessary changes.

Please do. Possibly consider a CHANGES file that lists what we've done to
the pcre module. (expat-lite is a subset of Expat, and we document that fact
and the differences in expat-lite/CHANGES)

IMO, I'd go one step further and delete the files that we don't use.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/