Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Timothy Larrea <we...@wccs.nsw.edu.au> on 2007/11/14 02:36:33 UTC

[users@httpd] active directory authentication

Hello,

I'm trying to configure apache2 to use active directory authentication
so I can restrict access to pages via domain security groups, I.e. user
must be member of certain group in order to be able to view page.  Being
a bit of a linux newbie I'm a bit stumped on where to go from here.
I've got apache installed with PHP5 and it's working fine.  I don't know
what I need from here to use active directory authentication.  Ideally
I'd like it to use NTLM so there's no prompt for user details, but
failing that (I did try and compile an NTLM module with no success) I
don't mind if the user is forced to re-authenticate against their domain
credentials.  So where do I start? What module is used for active
directory auth, etc.?

Thanks,
Tim.

Re: [users@httpd] active directory authentication

Posted by Tom Hart <to...@coopfed.org>.
Timothy Larrea wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to configure apache2 to use active directory authentication
> so I can restrict access to pages via domain security groups, I.e. user
> must be member of certain group in order to be able to view page.
Hi Tim. What you're looking for is mod_authnz_ldap to auth against ad. I
had to whack around a bit to get it working properly, but once I did
it's been working really well. Users do have to re-authenticate (using
FF, not sure about IE) but like other auth schemes it stays for the session.

I would start here http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_authnz_ldap.html
If you have any more problems, do what we all do. Google it, then come
here :-)