Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Matt Foley <mf...@hortonworks.com> on 2012/03/13 00:16:18 UTC

[PLAN] Freeze date, Hadoop 1.0.2 RC

Hi all,
It's been a few weeks since 1.0.1 closed code, and I've received a number
of requests to plan a 1.0.2 release.

I suggest close of code at 5pm this Saturday.  Please send your requests
for inclusion of patches to this list,
and provide committable patches by end of day Saturday.

Thank you,
--Matt
(Rel. Mgr.)

Re: [PLAN] Freeze date, Hadoop 1.0.2 RC

Posted by Eli Collins <el...@cloudera.com>.
On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 4:41 PM, Suresh Srinivas <su...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> Matt,
>
> HADOOP-4855/HDFS-3075 adds capability to restore failed storage directories
> on the namenode. This helps
> in not having to restart the Namenode for flaky NFS storage directories and
> improves operability. It has already been committed
> to branch-1.

Great feature to add, not sure the latest patch is good to go. Was
committed before feedback was addressed.

> I am planning to commit this patch to 1.0.2 and the other related jiras
> HDFS-2701, HDFS-2702, HDFS-2703. Please consider
> including it in 1.0.2 release.

+1  these are good to have.

Thanks,
Eli

Posted by Suresh Srinivas <su...@hortonworks.com>.
Matt,

Posted by Suresh Srinivas <su...@hortonworks.com>.
Jagane,

HADOOP-8136, the patch is not committed yet to trunk. Can you please
refresh the patch there?
Sorry for the late reply - this might be tight to get into 1.0.2, but can
make it to the next release though.

Regards,
Suresh

Posted by Jagane Sundar <ja...@sundar.org>.
Hey Matt,

Posted by Tim Broberg <Ti...@exar.com>.
Any update on 1.1.0 schedule?

Posted by Mark Holderbaugh <ho...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Matt,

I propose the following be included in 1.0.2:

Thanks in advance
Mark