Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org> on 2012/01/27 10:49:05 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Commons Validator 1.4.0 based on RC1

Good morning all mates :)

as promised time ago, I finally found the slot to rollout the
[validator] RC and I am here today to open the VOTE for Apache Commons
validator 1.4.0 based on RC1. Follow details:

Tag:

    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/validator/tags/VALIDATOR_1_4_0_RC1/
(broken links in the sidebar will be fixed once the site will be
redeployed)

Release notes:

    http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/validator/1.4.0/RC1/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

Site:

    http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/validator/1.4.0/RC1/site/

Binaries:

    http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/validator/1.4.0/RC1/binaries/

Maven Artifacts

    https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-144

[ ] +1 release it
[ ] +0 go ahead I don't care
[ ] -0 not blocking, but...
[ ] -1 no, do not release it because...

Many thanks in advance for reviewing, all the best and have a nice day!
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons Validator 1.4.0 based on RC1

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

Hi Seb,

>>    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/validator/tags/VALIDATOR_1_4_0_RC1/
>
> That tag is not unique, as it was recreated.
> So please specify the revision number for the tag; that should then
> agree with the manifest implementation entry.

tag revision number is 1236599, Manifest Implementation-Build entry
has to be: tags/VALIDATOR_1_4_0_RC1@r1236599; 2012-01-27 10
 :21:54+0100

Thanks for reviewing!
-Simo

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons Validator 1.4.0 based on RC1

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
this is my +1, I reviewed all the steps, I'm quite comfortable this RC is fine

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi Oliver!

unfortunately I just provided my help on cutting the RC - I cc'ed Nick
who's the last mastermind behind [validator], hopefully is just a
missing note!!

Thanks for reviewing!!!
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

[CANCEL][VOTE] Release Apache Commons Validator 1.4.0 based on RC1

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi all,
due to binary backward compatibility violation - introduced by myself
:P - the actual vote can be considered cancelled.

I'll cut a new RC tomorrow morning, thanks everybody who took part to
the review!

All the best,
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 5:53 PM, Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Jan 2012, Oliver Heger wrote:
>>
>> I had problems with the ant build, there were compilation errors. I am not
>> sure whether I have to define the paths to dependent libraries in
>> build.properties. This is not mentioned in the building instructions, and
>> build.xml tries to download some libraries. Probably not blocking, but I
>> think build.xml should be kept up to date or removed at all.
>

> It looks like ibiblio have changed the URL for some of the dependencies.
> I've updated them in r1237106, and the ant build now works fine for me
>

>> The clirr report gives two errors. One is mentioned in the release notes,
>> and I think this is okay. I don't know about the other one, especially as
>> the release notes say there are no breaking changes. Can you comment on
>> this?
>

> I've no idea on this. It's not in an area of the code I've ever worked on,
> and it's in the old style of Validation that's now mostly deprecated. The
> change is in a constructor of a protected inner class, which I think is only
> used internally (the only reference in the codebase is within the parent
> class). So, my hunch is that this isn't a problem

The problem was introduced 3 weeks ago in r1227700 when ResultStatus
was changed from being an inner class to a static inner class.

This change should be reverted and doing so resolves the clirr error.

Niall

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.
Hi Simone,