Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Kumar <ba...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/26 08:54:41 UTC

Java Collections - Wrapped/Literal WSDL - Schema Definitions - Interropability

Hi All,

We have custom framework that uses custom (de)serializers, custom java-to-xml
databinding framework, axis for exposing POJO/EJB web services using
wrapped/literal WSDL.  Since (un)marshalling is in our control
(atleast when we use our framework both on client side and server
side) we support java collections like hastable, hashmap, vector etc.
However we have problems with the schema
definitions for these collections and hence with the WSDL when we give
to consumer clients like axis, .net framework 1.1.

I know that other than object arrays we cannot have java collections
as the pose some interropable problems but we have lot of legacy api
that use collections and which we cannot change and so my questions
are,

1. how will .NET behave when trying to (se)deserializing these
collections represented by their schema definitions in the wsdl ?
Since we use wrapped/literal wsdl style and as long as we have schema
definitions for the collections in the wsdl,  can .NET/AXIS have
problems when trying (de)serialize the collections ?

2. Are there any guidelines for representing such collections as
schema definitions inside the wsdl

3. Can anybody share their experience of using such collections when
communicating between AXIS and .NET

Thanks & Regards,
Kr.

Re: Java Collections - Wrapped/Literal WSDL - Schema Definitions - Interropability

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
If you want to enable .NET interop, don't try to expose these
collections through your WSDL. Instead create a proxy layer that maps
your collections to arrays, and then expose the proxy layer as your
web service.

Anne