Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Benary Klaus <Kl...@GEHE.DE> on 2002/09/06 14:20:33 UTC

JMSAppender in Container Managed Transactions

How can I decouple logging via JMSAppender from the contrainer transaction
in a stateless session EJB?
I want the JMSAppender to deliver logs even when I call
SessionContext.setRollbackOnly(). As a default,
JMS committs a message to the queue or topic only when the contrainer
transaction committs. As a side
effect, a log within a failing contrainer transaction shows up only in those
appenders that do not use JMS.
Am I missing something?
Any help would be appreciated.

Klaus

Re: JMSAppender in Container Managed Transactions

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.
What is your architecture? Which App Server are you using? Which version of
the JMS spec?

ps: I doubt AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE mode has anything to do with transactions in
the session.

--
Ceki

others. -- Jon Postel, RFC 793