Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Himakar Chennapragada <hi...@us.ibm.com> on 2011/07/15 08:40:20 UTC

Axis2 question

Hi,
We have an Axis2 timeout issue that we are trying to resolve and need your
urgent help.  Any input/comments are highly appreciated.  Thanks!

Here is some background information and questions:

We have multiple threads calling out to same or different web services. We
use a new ServiceClient for each invocation to an external web service
(same or different service) with the REUSE_HTTP_CLIENT option; each
invocation has its own set of "Options" as well.  We do that partly
because the threads doing the invocations can invoke many different web
services (not just one) and I am sure there is room for improvement in
that area (see my second question below).

We use Axis2 v1.4.1.

Here are my questions:
1.  We had a timeout issue where the timeout is not being honored properly
and I put in a patch (see patch details below) and it still does not
work/honored for larger workloads; for very small workloads it is fine
tho.  I put in a patch to set timeout for each invocation but it still
didn't help.  I could see that the new timeout values are being set
properly (after I applied the patch) in the "options" but no luck.  Any
idea why the timeouts are not still honored even after applying the patch?
 (my guess is due to the way we use a new ServiceClient with the HTTP
REUSE option but I could be wrong).

Patch details:
The patch is applied to
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AbstractHTTPSender.class
http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/R4VLPPfrNvyJ4cJFywD8
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-3160?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel

2. Also wondering if it is a good idea to use only one ServiceClient for
different services?

Best Regards,
-Himakar
Himakar Chennapragada