Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2013/02/03 03:17:18 UTC

[DS] Proposal to expose the functionality of ScrCommand as a service

See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-3888

I need the capabilities of ScrCommand,  of explaining the DS component structure as text, in a way that isn't tied to a console command and I'd rather stop duplicating the functionality.  So, I'd like to expose the ScrCommand as a service directly.  To avoid annoying people who don't want it I'm thinking of exposing it only when a config admin property ds.info.service is set.

I'd like to make the info command more flexible by having it accept a regexp for component name rather than a numeric id or exact name.  If the results have more than one component I'd like to sort by bundle id and component id.

I've attached a diff of my proposed changes to the jira issue and there's more explanation there.

Thoughts?  Objections?  Ideas for doing it better?

 If possible I'd like to get this in in the next few days.

many thanks
david jencks