Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/16 18:29:32 UTC

TSSS: Bof?

Please reply if you would attend a Tapestry BOF at TheServerSide
Symposium. If enough people answer, I'll try and schedule one.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry

Re: TSSS: Bof?

Posted by cesar saenz <ja...@gmail.com>.
I will attend..

Re: Bof?

Posted by Jamie Orchard-Hays <ja...@dang.com>.
Speaking of...

The Trails guy is having one on Friday:
http://jroller.com/page/ccnelson/20050214#trails_bof_at_tsss

Maybe you guys could do one together.

Jamie

Re: TSSS: Bof?

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Looks like we'll do a combined Trails/Tapestry BOF.

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 18:11:20 -0600, John Reynolds
<jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wouldn't miss it for the world.
>

> On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 12:29:32 -0500, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Please reply if you would attend a Tapestry BOF at TheServerSide
> > Symposium. If enough people answer, I'll try and schedule one.
> >
> > --
> > Howard M. Lewis Ship
> > Independent J2EE / Open-Source Java Consultant
> > Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
> > Creator, Jakarta HiveMind
> >
> > Professional Tapestry training, mentoring, support
> > and project work.  http://howardlewisship.com

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

Re: TSSS: Bof?

Posted by John Reynolds <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: TSSS: Bof?

Posted by Abel Perez <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

- Abel

Re: invoking an action from cron

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Also, don't feel constrained by the "sp" parameters.  You're free to
pull the request parameters off yourself in the activateExternalPage
method by digging into the HttpServletRequest.

For example, this is a link directly to an external service:

	http://www.lucenebook.com/search?query=tapestry

(by way of a custom servlet filter which turns it into
/app?service=external/Search?query=tapestry)

Also, the "context=..." is old documentation I believe.  I've never
used that with Tapestry 3.x.

	Erik

Posted by Eric Schneider <er...@centralparksoftware.com>.
Thanks for all the suggestions.  I think the easiest solution at this
point is the ExternalPage via wget.

Thanks again.
e.

Posted by Paul Ferraro <pm...@columbia.edu>.

Posted by Eric Schneider <er...@centralparksoftware.com>.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Posted by Bryan Lewis <br...@maine.rr.com>.

Posted by "matthew c. mead" <m-...@goof.com>.
I'd recommend just writing a simple Lib WWW Perl script to invoke the
URL via an ExternalLink URL, then just call the perl script with cron.

-matt

Derick Fernando wrote:

>Quoting Eric Schneider <er...@centralparksoftware.com>:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>Is there a cute way to invoke a tapestry action from cron?   I want a
>>throw a url at an application to go off and perform a little task.
>>
>>This looks possible on a non-secure page via a DirectLink.   Though,
>>I'm a bit hesitant to put urls in a cron job like this:
>>
>>http://localhost:8080/myapp/app?service=direct/1/MoreTasksMenu/
>>$DirectLink
>>http://localhost:8080/myapp/app?service=direct/1/MoreTasksMenu/
>>$DirectLink0
>>http://localhost:8080/myapp/app?service=direct/1/MoreTasksMenu/
>>$DirectLink1
>>
>>Somebody afterward tucks a link on that page somewhere in the middle,
>>the cron job will invoke a totally different action.
>>
>>Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>Thanks.
>>eric

>Hi,
>
>Have you considered http://www.quartzscheduler.org, its a java scheduler.
>Otherwise assuming your link can be bookmarked (External Service) perhaps you
>can just invoke lynx-ssl with the -dump switch or something similar.

>Derick Fernando
>Lead Architect
>TheLab, LLC
>http://www.thelabllc.com