Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Manuel González Castro <ii...@ucv.udc.es> on 2003/01/02 14:56:28 UTC

Apache 2+Tomcat 4.1.12: how to disable the Coyote HTTP connector?

Hi,

I'm running Apache HTTP Server 2.0.43 + Tomcat 4.1.12 + mod_jk and
everything is working fine, Apache can talk to Tomcat to serve *.jsp pages.

Now I'd like to disable the default "non-SSL Coyote HTTP/1.1 Connector on
port 8080" because I don't like everybody getting into
http://mydomain.com:8080 and seeing the Tomcat congratulations page,
manager, admin page, ... I just want Tomcat to serve JSP pages to Apache
using mod_jk.

I commented the default Coyote HTTP/1.1 Connector and leaved the AJP 1.3 as
the only Connector in my server.xml file:

               acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

But when I request a JSP file to Apache, Tomcat doesn't answer, I get this
error:
"Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request."

Is there any way to prevent people from accesing http://mydomain:8080 and
leave AJP 1.3 as the only Connector ?

Thanks in advance!
Manuel

Re: Apache 2+Tomcat 4.1.12: how to disable the Coyote HTTP connector?

Posted by Jerry Ford <je...@katzenjammer.us>.
Looks like you conmmented out the wrong connector.  The one you have
removed is identified as the one for port 8009, which is the one Apache
uses.  Restore that connector and comment out the one that is identified
as for port 8080.

Jerry