Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Nathan Jones <nd...@chem.ubc.ca> on 2002/02/09 07:22:21 UTC

NoSuchMethodError

I have just downloaded and successfully built Xindice 1.0rc1. However, when
I run the startup script, I get the following output:

Xindice 1.0rc1 (DarkHorse)

Database: 'db' initializing
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
        at org.apache.xindice.xml.dom.DOMParser.getSAXParser(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xindice.xml.dom.DOMParser.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xindice.xml.dom.DOMParser.toDocument(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xindice.core.SystemCollection.init(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xindice.core.Database.setConfig(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.xindice.server.services.XindiceService.initialize(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.xindice.server.standard.StdServiceManager.addService(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xindice.server.standard.StdServiceManager$1.process(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xindice.util.Configuration.processChildren(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xindice.server.standard.StdServiceManager.setConfig(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xindice.server.Kernel.loadAPI(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xindice.server.Kernel.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.xindice.server.Xindice.main(Unknown Source)

Does anyone know what might be happening? I am using j2sdk-1.40beta3/win98.

Thanks in advance,
Nathan