Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Bradley Wagner <br...@hannonhill.com> on 2006/05/08 15:23:26 UTC

Strange request for permissions on "tags" directory

I have a strange, but probably occasionally asked question. I would
ideally like to make my tags directory writable, but somehow make the
individual tags immutable meaning that no one could "commit" to the
tags once they are created. The best way is to probably limit who can
write to the directory at all.

Any input on this is greatly appreciated though.

Bradley

Re: Strange request for permissions on "tags" directory

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On May 8, 2006, at 17:23, Bradley Wagner wrote:

> I have a strange, but probably occasionally asked question. I would
> ideally like to make my tags directory writable, but somehow make
> the individual tags immutable meaning that no one could "commit" to
> the tags once they are created. The best way is to probably limit
> who can write to the directory at all.

This is a common request. Various pre-commit scripts are frequently
thrown around which may or may not solve the problem to your
satisfaction. :-)

Here's the resolution of last month's thread. Perhaps the given
solution will work for you too:

http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2006-04/0275.shtml