Posted to user@commons.apache.org by GIRARDOT Raphael <ra...@synchrotron-soleil.fr> on 2014/06/26 11:17:54 UTC

Commons Math 3.3 and Fit

Hello

I use commons math3 in software that do some data fitting.
First of all, I want to thank you for your great job.
However, I have a little problem concerning the latest release, 3.3.
In this release, the logic seems to have changed, and does not match what is described in user guide any more (http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-math/userguide/fitting.html).
I say that because of the deprecated classes.

Would it be possible to update this user guide, in order to help users like me to program data fitting the right way ?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Raphaƫl GIRARDOT

Re: Commons Math 3.3 and Fit

Posted by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
Hi.

On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 09:17:54 +0000, GIRARDOT Raphael wrote:
> Hello
>
> I use commons math3 in software that do some data fitting.
> First of all, I want to thank you for your great job.
> However, I have a little problem concerning the latest release, 3.3.
> In this release, the logic seems to have changed, and does not match
> what is described in user guide any more
>
> (http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-math/userguide/fitting.html).
> I say that because of the deprecated classes.
>
> Would it be possible to update this user guide, in order to help
> users like me to program data fitting the right way ?

Thanks for the report.
The "Fitting" section of the user guide has been updated in
revision 1606503.

Best regards,
Gilles