Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by rajkumar <ko...@intalio.com> on 2001/05/26 21:38:22 UTC

RE: JDBC issue?

hi,
  I am running the WebdavServlet in the catalina server and i am using the
java client Slide to connect to the server and execute the webdav methods
like proppatch,propget and put.
When i give  a command like
        [LOCALHOST] /slide/files/ $  put run.bat sample.txt
I get an internal server error on the client side and the following stack
trace on the server side.The object /files/sample.txt does not initially
exist in the store.

the temp file name is : /files/sample.txt-1.0
java.io.IOException: The system cannot find the path specified
        at java.io.Win32FileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
        at java.io.File.checkAndCreate(File.java:1159)
        at java.io.File.createTempFile(File.java:1244)
        at java.io.File.createTempFile(File.java:1281)
        at
slidestore.reference.JDBCContentStore.storeContent(JDBCContentStore.
ava:587)
        at
slidestore.reference.JDBCContentStore.createRevisionContent(JDBCCont
ntStore.java:445)
        at
org.apache.slide.store.AbstractStore.createRevisionContent(AbstractS
ore.java:955)
        at
org.apache.slide.store.StandardStore.createRevisionContent(StandardS
ore.java:644)
        at org.apache.slide.content.ContentImpl.create(ContentImpl.java:507)
        at
org.apache.slide.webdav.method.PutMethod.executeRequest(PutMethod.ja
a:362)
        at
org.apache.slide.webdav.method.WebdavMethod.run(WebdavMethod.java:34
)
        at
org.apache.slide.webdav.WebdavServlet.service(WebdavServlet.java:211

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(App
icationFilterChain.java:254)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(Application
ilterChain.java:194)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapper
alve.java:255)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipelin
.java:566)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.ja
a:472)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContext
alve.java:225)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipelin
.java:566)
        at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(Authentic
torBase.java:518)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipelin
.java:564)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.ja
a:472)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java
2252)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.
ava:164)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipelin
.java:566)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java
446)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipelin
.java:564)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.ja
a:472)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineVa
ve.java:163)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipelin
.java:566)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.ja
a:472)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943

        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcess
r.java:875)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.j
va:952)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

I see the node /files/sample.txt being created in the store even though i
get the exception.
Is there something wrong with what i am doing or is this bug?
   rajkumar

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> Guys,
>
> I think it the problem of Windows reaction on "/"(s) in directory path for
> the temp file.
>
> I temporary fixed it inside of StoreContent(...) as:
>
> String tempFileName1 = revisionUri + "-" + revisionNumber;
> String tempFileName = null;
> tempFileName = tempFileName1.replace('/', '.');

Thanks for the tip. I'll apply the patch. Let me know if it helps ...

Remy

RE: JDBC issue?

>   I am running the WebdavServlet in the catalina server and i am using the
> java client Slide to connect to the server and execute the webdav methods
> like proppatch,propget and put.
> When i give  a command like
>         [LOCALHOST] /slide/files/ $  put run.bat sample.txt
> I get an internal server error on the client side and the following stack
> trace on the server side.The object /files/sample.txt does not initially
> exist in the store.
>
> the temp file name is : /files/sample.txt-1.0
> java.io.IOException: The system cannot find the path specified
>         at java.io.Win32FileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
>         at java.io.File.checkAndCreate(File.java:1159)
>         at java.io.File.createTempFile(File.java:1244)
>         at java.io.File.createTempFile(File.java:1281)
>         at
> slidestore.reference.JDBCContentStore.storeContent(JDBCContentStore.
> ava:587)

> I see the node /files/sample.txt being created in the store even though i
> get the exception.
> Is there something wrong with what i am doing or is this bug?

That problem was reported before, but unfortunately I couldn't reproduce it.

Any help solving it, or any additional info on the problem would be much
appreciated.

Remy

Re: JDBC issue?

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.