Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Vikas Phonsa <VP...@suz.com> on 2003/05/09 17:54:32 UTC

Help Needed: SOAP message

Hi Folks

I am using axis to generate and send soap messages to a webservices (Siebel)
server. My whole program was working perfect until recently when some
changes where made on the target server. The target server now requires that
the soap request includes the definition of the tags in the request.

For Example:

All the tags in the previous SOAP request were like this"

<FirstSaleDate>Date</FirstSaleDate>

But now they are required to be like this:

<FirstSaleDate ns2:type="n4:string">Date</FirstSaleDate>

Please notice that in the second format the type definition is also
included.

The Siebel people claim that the wsdl hasn't changed and they are getting
the second type of SOAP request message using axis 1.0 in their labs.

Do you by any chance know how could I work with axis to generate the newer
form of SOAP messages.

Vikas Phonsa

Software Developer

Vikas Phonsa

Software Developer

Re: Help Needed: SOAP message

Posted by John Chen <jc...@parasoft.com>.
Looks like the Server is using use="encoded" versus use="literal" now.
<FirstSaleDate>Date</FirstSaleDate>     // use ="literal"

<FirstSaleDate ns2:type="n4:string">Date</FirstSaleDate>       // use="encoded"

If you are using the Axis Call class to generate an invocation, you can set
the "use" attribute before you call the invoke function:

call.setOperationUse("encoded");

If you have the wsdl from Siebel then you should try using SOAPtest to
generate SOAP Clients based off the wsdl. SOAPtest has Axis 1.1RC1
integrated. (Shameless plug for our product =).

John