Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Craeg K Strong <cs...@arielpartners.com> on 2001/07/04 21:26:08 UTC

Re: Proposed Changes for 1.4 release

Conor MacNeill wrote:

>Tell me more about <dependset>. I have some ideas there and I need them for
>some changes I am considering for <ejbjar> and I'd like to know if we are
>thinking the same thing :-)

Sure thing.  Here is an example:

<dependset>
  <srcfiles
     dir  = "${basedir}"
     includes  = "${cookie.file.path}, ${dtd.file.path}, common.xsl"/>
  <targetfiles
    dir = "${basedir}"
     includes = "${output.dir}/*.html"/>
</dependset>

<srcfiles> and <targetfiles> are filesets

You can specify arbitrarily many <srcfiles> and/or <targetfiles>, but at
least one of each.

If any of the files specified in <srcfiles> is more recent than any of
the files
specified in <targetfiles>, all <targetfiles> are removed.

This is the simplest possible syntax I could come up with.  Let me know
if you like it.

My implementation makes use of MergeMapper and SourceFileScanner.
I had to make a few extensions to each.
I believe these extensions are useful beyond just <dependset>.
-- but first lets make sure the syntax is agreeable...

>I wouldn't know what the "tao of ant" would be :-)

:-)

--Craeg

--
Craeg K. Strong                               | www.arielpartners.com
Ariel Partners LLC		              | cstrong@arielpartners.com

Re: Proposed Changes for 1.4 release

Posted by Diane Holt <ho...@yahoo.com>.
--- Conor MacNeill wrote:
> I wouldn't know what the "tao of ant" would be :-)

Seems to be "Go with the flow, don't try to control it."

:)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)